setting up call limits based on owner type

Discussions about development of VICIDIAL and astGUIclient

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

setting up call limits based on owner type

Postby william_jones » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi Matt,

I am trying to introduce call limits based on owner types, meaning say i have two phone types HOME and MOBILE and each has a limit of 2 attempts only. So the concept is more like lead recycling, its just that i would like to limit the dialing based on Owner type and attempts count since last reset.

Can you please guide me where to look for and where to insert my code conditions. Thanks

best regards
Will

Vicidial 2.4 Custom Install on Suse 11.4
william_jones

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Sounds like an interesting idea, but you are going to have to get a lot more specific.
mflorell
Site Admin

introducing call limits

Postby william_jones » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:14 am

The idea is pretty simple, i would like to apply a limit on calling the lead say 3 times, so basically lets say i loaded a lead into the system which has 5 different numbers, for work, home, mobile types etc. Now what i am trying to achieve is setup a TOTAL limit of X tries to that lead, and after the tries are exhausted the lead is never dialed until reset.

From my knowledge of the current system, i know that we can recycle leads based on status Codes and when a certain limit is reached then the leads with those appropriate status values are never called, until we reset the counters for the list.

Similarly, i would like to setup a certain limit at the campaign level for leads, grouped by the vendor lead code and identified by the ower.

My understanding is that i will need to extend the hopper code, but am not sure how to approach this. So would appreciate the help. Thanks

best regards
Will

Vicidial 2.4 Custom Install on Suse 11.4
william_jones

Postby mflorell » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:23 am

It sounds like you might be using Auto Alt Dial MULTI_LEAD?

I understand the grouping by vendor_lead_code part, but you are going to have to explain exactly what "identified by the owner" means as part of this.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby william_jones » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:36 am

yes that is correct,

what i mean by using the owner field is, that when i load leads into the system i classify the different number types using HOME, WORK as hardcoded values in the owner type.
william_jones

Postby mflorell » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:33 am

So do you just want to set a called count limit based upon the total called count of all leads that share a vendor_lead_code, not based upon the individual leads' called count?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby william_jones » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:40 am

yes correct, sorry for all the complicated descriptions
william_jones

Postby mflorell » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Adding a feature like this for auto-dial only would only require the AST_VDhopper.pl script to be altered, although in several places. If you wanted full manual dial outbound compliance with this type of feature it would touch about a half-dozen additional scripts on the back-end and web interface.

For making this auto-dial only, with GUI campaign settings, I would quote 5 hours to add it to Vicidial. Adding manual dial compatibility would add another 10 hours to the quote.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby william_jones » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Matt, i wanted to develop that myself, and needed the directions and logic for doing that, would really appreciate if you would help. Thanks
william_jones

Postby mflorell » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Well, you need to get very familiar with the code then.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Development