Prerecorded AM Drop and Audio File Playing within Call

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Prerecorded AM Drop and Audio File Playing within Call

Postby Jones » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

First, I'm using Vicidial from a scratch install (VERSION: 2.4-330a
BUILD: 110815-2155). I've also read the manual.

My first question is regarding a feature that other programs similar to vicidial have (such as callfire) where if an agent recieves a call that goes to voicemail they can press a button to leave a prerecord message on the voicemail and then are free to take another call. Is this available in Vicidial?

Also, another similar feature that I'm fairly sure isn't usable right now is the ability of Vicidial to host audio files on it which then could be played by the agent to the prospect within the call. For instance this could be used in situations where the agent is doing a survey and wants the person's opinion on a radio ad. Would this be doable?

Is there any other interest in these features? I'd be willing to pitch in for the development if there was a bounty put on it.
Jones

Postby mflorell » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:35 pm

The first one is already a feature, that is the VM voicemail button in the transfer conference frame.

The second one is possible and we have done it a few times in a couple different ways, usually using a custom script in the Script tab.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Jones » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:12 am

mflorell wrote:The first one is already a feature, that is the VM voicemail button in the transfer conference frame.

The second one is possible and we have done it a few times in a couple different ways, usually using a custom script in the Script tab.

Thanks very much for your help!
Jones

Re:

Postby ClearCall » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:03 pm

mflorell wrote:The second one is possible and we have done it a few times in a couple different ways, usually using a custom script in the Script tab.

Could you elaborate on this please?
I need to give agents the ability to play an audio file during a call that can be heard by both parties.
ClearCall

Re: Prerecorded AM Drop and Audio File Playing within Call

Postby mflorell » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:15 am

That is the "D1 - Dial" and "D2 - Dial" option that you can enable in the agc/options.php file. You can also program a PHP page to do the same thing in a custom script to give you more options. There is no way to stop the recording once it is started though.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ClearCall » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:13 pm

I do not see these options is my options-example.php.
I could create a php page but all the examples I have found online use the dial plan. I have not found any examples of calling the asterisk function through php.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
ClearCall

Postby mflorell » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:02 pm

The options.php option is "$PreseT_DiaL_LinKs"

It is all based around dialplan entries or prompts that can be dialed through the dialplan, like the 851XXXX recordings.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:14 pm

We also have the Avatar system running on several client boxes now. Web page which an agent can use to select sounds to be played. Can be programmed per campaign or per agent with configuration adjustments. Not pretty, but works well (using the Vicidial Manager database method).

http://catalog.poundteam.com/product_in ... cts_id=521
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ClearCall » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:53 am

Thanks. I found this a couple days ago, but it seems Pound Team would need complete access to my system for an extended period of time.
Is there another (perhaps simpler) version that my team could install/configure/manage on our own?
I only need a basic set up and looking pretty isn't a concern.
ClearCall

Postby williamconley » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:49 pm

1) If you install DGG (http://www.viciwiki.com/index.php/DGG) the security of the system is not as much of an issue any more.
2) "Extended" access is in the eye of the beholder. Once we have confirmed access to your system, the install is generally done in about 3 days.
3) If, however, you are "security conscious" and do not want to allow anyone (including us) access to your system for more than a few hours, an appointment can be made for the installation and access is NOT required after the installation at all.

And just to grant your wish, Avatar is a basic setup and is not pretty. If that helps in any way. LOL
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:05 pm

We are currently testing an internally developed agent audio soundboard system for use on our VICIhost platform. It has fully integrated web-based administration, and can be built into an agent script or be launched in a separate window when the agent logs in. Currently the soundboard allows an agent to start, stop and restart pre-recorded audio files from the audio store instantly at the click of a mouse. The audio prompts can be arranged in several different ways with main prompts able to have sub-prompts below them.

For more information, go to our vicihost.com website:
http://www.vicihost.com/?p=107

Here's a screenshot:
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features