step 43, Vicidial installer fails

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

step 43, Vicidial installer fails

Postby midcocall » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:30 pm

I'm doing a fresh install of the downloaded ISO. I get to where the machine reboots after the CD is removed. It's suppose to start the visibox installer, but the error is:
*Starting Vicidial Installer vici-inst
chmod: cannot access '/tmp/vici-inst/ubuntu-vici-installer-vicibox.sh': No such file or directory.

When I log in, there is indeed nothing in the /tmp directory.
midcocall

vicibox installer failed

Postby milindlokde » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:37 am

I am facing the same problem and trying to resolve it.
milindlokde

Postby Op3r » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:49 pm

do you have internet connection on the machine you are installing it on?
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby milindlokde » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:45 am

Op3r wrote:do you have internet connection on the machine you are installing it on?

Yes. I have internet connection and I have resolved the problem.

The problem was with the nameserver configuration. It should be properly configured at the time of installation.

I entered the wrong DNS address at the time of installation. After installation, I corrected the DNS address in resolv.conf. But after that it was very difficult to install the vici-install.sh. The package related to the installer vici-<something>.deb does not work after installation. I used aptitude to select the package, but it refused to accept.

I reinstalled the system, with correct DNS address and the installation was successful.
milindlokde

Same Issue, Not Sure of the correct name server

Postby fastlane101 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:17 pm

In the process of a clean install the machine rebooted after the initial install, and then it stopped asking me to log in to the server. it didnt go ahead and continue the install as described in the walkthrough guide.. i had followed the suggestion in step 12 to use this ip: 4.2.2.1 since i was not sure what are my name servers, the machine is also recieving a lan dhcp ip address from a linksys router, sitting behind a cisco modem.

i knew my ip as 192.168.1.110 and my gateway as 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 but i was not sure what would be my name server, or how should i go about finding it out..

Any assistance will be greatly appreciate, i am a nooby by admision, and it is my 1st vicibox install, hoping u can pull me out of the mudd & onto the fun..

sincerly,
Gad.
fastlane101

great step 43

Postby goonting » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:28 pm

really sensitive to downloading... i tried 4 times before able to get it pass the installation stage..how i wish there is an iso for dvd for offline installation instead.
goonting

ViciBox

Postby anees » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:50 am

Hi, I just installed Vicibox but I get this error when the system boots:
ubuntu-vici-prereq-0.16.sh: line 92: /tmp/spinner: no such file or directory
How can I fix this? do I have to reinstall. Thanx
anees

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo