fresh install

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

fresh install

Postby ruben23 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:54 pm

hI ive installed viciBOx- fresh installed then what happen is tried to access the http://my ip address/vicidial/welcome.php

go this error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'cron'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /var/www/vicidial/dbconnect.php on line 42
MySQL connect ERROR: Access denied for user 'cron'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

anyone have ideas
ruben23

Postby mcargile » Thu May 07, 2009 8:30 am

Please try to connect to mysql as the cron user. To do so use the following command on the linux command line:
Code: Select all
mysql -u cron -p

The password is '1234' by default. Please post the results.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Postby codehaxor » Thu May 07, 2009 12:12 pm

I guess this happens when you put a password on the mysql installation when your are prompted to do so, because of that the script is not able to execute since it assumes that the root password is empty.

Try to reinstall and just press enter when prompted for a mysql password, you can change the root password when the install has finished
Team Dax Cordova IT Consulting
Vicidial Remote & Onsite Installation / Configuration / Custom Development / Consultancy Services
http://www.linkedin.com/in/codehaxor
FREE VICIDIAL INSTALLATION IN THE PHILIPPINES
codehaxor

Postby mcargile » Thu May 07, 2009 8:42 pm

DO NOT DO AS CODEHAXOR SAYS!

The Vicibox installer over comes this limitation.

It first backs up the MySQL password database, then removes the passwords. It then restarts MySQL so that it allows the scripts to connect and make the necessary changes. Once the scripts are finished running they stop MySQL and restore the password database.

We did this on purpose to improve the security of vicibox. Just pressing enter will not only cause other issues and possibly confuse things, but it will also leave your system open to hackers.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

mcargile
Site Admin

Postby codehaxor » Fri May 08, 2009 10:45 am

Thats how i did when I tried installing it twice and it had the same error, so I just left the mysql password to none then after it installed everything I did a mysqladmin password to put a password for the mysql root user, still if you use the same cron / 1234 password your asterisk database is still vulnerable, it would also be nice if the installer would have the option of you selecting the username and the password of the asterisk database.
Team Dax Cordova IT Consulting
Vicidial Remote & Onsite Installation / Configuration / Custom Development / Consultancy Services
http://www.linkedin.com/in/codehaxor
FREE VICIDIAL INSTALLATION IN THE PHILIPPINES
codehaxor

Postby kwatson » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi, I've done 2 installs entering my own root password both of which have failed to create any users on the sql server and I noticed that my root pw is blank when using the myphpadmin.

The asterisk db does exist.

Ill do a 3rd install with no root pw and report back.

Thanks
Kenny
kwatson

Postby mcargile » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:16 pm

There is something happening in the MySQL configuration phase of the installation to cause problems. Please search in the /var/log/astguiclient/ubuntu-vici-install.log file for the phrase "Configuring MySQL for Vicidial" The errors that are causing your problem should appear shortly after. Please post them here so that I can figure out what the issue is and address it.

Also did you install any additional software during the initial OS installation (before the first reboot). If so what?

mcargile
Site Admin

Configuring MySQL for Vicidial

Postby mg1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Code: Select all

Configuring MySQL for Vicidial
--03:10:16--  http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-my-vici.cnf
           => `ubuntu-my-vici.cnf'
Resolving download.vicidial.com... 208.38.149.188
Connecting to download.vicidial.com|208.38.149.188|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 4,031 (3.9K) [text/plain]

0K ...                                                   100%   12.14 KB/s

03:10:17 (12.14 KB/s) - `ubuntu-my-vici.cnf' saved [4031/4031]

Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
mysqld_safe[7078]: started
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
^Gmysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists!
Creating and populating the initial Vicidial database
ERROR 1290 (HY000) at line 1: The MySQL server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option so it cannot execute this statement
ERROR 1290 (HY000) at line 1: The MySQL server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option so it cannot execute this statement
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
  CLI defined old server IP:  10.10.10.15
Previous astGUIclient configuration file found at: /etc/astguiclient.conf
DBI connect('asterisk:localhost:3306','cron',...) failed: Access denied for user 'cron'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_update_server_ip.pl line 378
Couldn't connect to database: Access denied for user 'cron'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_update_server_ip.pl line 378.
Writing change to astguiclient.conf file: /etc/astguiclient.conf

STARTING DATABASE TABLES UPDATES PHASE...
DBI connect('asterisk:localhost:3306','cron',...) failed: Access denied for user 'cron'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_area_code_populate.pl line 153
Couldn't connect to database: Access denied for user 'cron'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_area_code_populate.pl line 153.
no command line options set
 * Stopping MySQL database server mysqld       ^[[80G STOPPING server from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
mysqld_safe[7302]: ended
^M^[[74G[ OK ]
 * Starting MySQL database server mysqld       ^[[80G ^M^[[74G[ OK ]
DBI connect('asterisk:localhost:3306','cron',...) failed: Access denied for user 'cron'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/astguiclient/VICIDIAL_IN_new_leads_file.pl line 297
Couldn't connect to database: Access denied for user 'cron'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/astguiclient/VICIDIAL_IN_new_leads_file.pl line 297.

----- FORCE LISTID OVERRIDE: 999 -----

----- FORCE PHONECODE OVERRIDE: 1 -----

-- VICIDIAL_IN_new_leads_file.pl --

This program is designed to take a tab delimited file and import it into the VICIDIAL system.

Configuring Apache for Vicidial recordings
Configuring Vicidial cron jobs
--03:10:36--  http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/vicicron
           => `vicicron'
Length: 2,218 (2.2K) [text/plain]

0K ..                                                    100%    1.98 MB/s

03:10:37 (1.98 MB/s) - `vicicron' saved [2218/2218]

Installing Vicidial init script
--03:10:38--  http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/vicidial
           => `vicidial'
Length: 14,874 (15K) [text/plain]

0K .......... ....                                       100%   21.75 KB/s

mg1

Postby mcargile » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:53 am

It looks like mysql is not starting up fast enough. The installer was waiting 2 seconds for it to start before moving on. I have increased the delay to 10 seconds. Could you please reinstall? When you do so make sure that you are not connected through any proxies as you will most likely not get the updated version of the install script.

When I tested this installer it was on a single core 2.4 Ghz system with a gig of ram and a single SATA hard drive. What are the specs (processor, ram, # of disks, type of raid, brand) of the server you are installing this on?

mcargile
Site Admin

can we configure pause time, can we start from where broken

Postby arapria » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:24 am

Hi,

Even now we have same issue on vmware vm 512 MB, 1 ghz machine. this is not a production machine - we want to check some integration, so is sufficient.

If kicking in mysql is the issue, can we set the pause time ourself.

Also since it takes 4-5 hours to install, can we start from where its broken i.e. from configuring mysql for vicidial
arapria

Postby mcargile » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:23 am

You can manually repair the installation of course, but there is no way to tell the installer to pick back up where it left off. I will say that if MySQL is taking longer than 10 seconds to start up properly then there will likely be other issues. What else is running on the host machine?

mcargile
Site Admin

vicidial + vmware

Postby arapria » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi,

Finally i thought out of box and decided to keep vmware vm active in the whole installation process. its still 512 MB and < 1 Ghz processor vmware vm.

i ran top in a different putty session, set ping -t to it from other machine and kept on pressing num lock when ever i thought the cursor struct or the vm console screen went into power saver.

In the end when the installation script wanted mysql, machine was active.

Although no other vm ware running, I believe vmware may have some kind of algorithm to put non interactive vm on back burner and that might be causing some issue.
arapria

Postby mcargile » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:55 pm

This is one of the many reasons we say to not use any kind of virtualization technology with Vicidial. Asterisk, especially under high load which Vicidial can easily create, is a realtime process and needs to be have its events processed within a set timeframe. If your VM system decides not to process something in a timely fashion you will have dropped calls and horrible audio. Using a VM for testing can help with integration, but I would never assume that the results that you get in the VM are the results that you would get on a physical system or even on another VM system. And never trust them with anything beyond the lightest load.

mcargile
Site Admin

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo