HELP.HELP.HELP MEEEEEE

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

HELP.HELP.HELP MEEEEEE

Postby ApexLiveLeads » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:15 am

Ok I just got Vicibox installed and for the last 2 nights I've been trying to keep it on there working everytime I reboot. Do I need a back up hard drive? Everytime I reboot the software says it's saved but the dialer won't show up in my web browser, It only shows up when I install everything at that moment, then when I reboot...Nothing. When I type in my I.P address it will give me a message that says ''IT WORKS!!.. but no login access to vici.. Iv'e tried everything I can think of, I've messed with partitions, network cards, and more. It just doesn't store vicidial. When I do a full restall I have to recreate everything in Vicidial... I just wish it would save. Can someone for the love of God please tell me what I'm doing wrong? :oops: :lol:
ApexLiveLeads

Re: HELP.HELP.HELP MEEEEEE

Postby mflorell » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:36 am

Before we tell you what you're doing wrong, you have to tell us what you are doing.

Including the hardware you are installing on, what version of vicibox you are installing, and detail every step that you are taking before you try to start using it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ApexLiveLeads » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:34 pm

Hardware: HP pavilion p7- 1380t I7 2600 3.4 GHZ processor, 1 500 gig hard drive. 4 gigs ram

I start the computer with the boot CD, I install the operating system, It brings me to log in, I log in as root 'password vicidial'', then
I turn off my firewall to install vicibox-express and zypper up..and it works. I can log into vicidial on my browser at my work station. But when I reboot
it won't load it on my workstation making me have to restart the process. I don't know if it's saving right on the hard drive or not, I tried saving it on RAID but it won't let me.
ApexLiveLeads

Postby Kumba » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:59 pm

Uhh, are you sure you aren't just rebooting off the CD every time? Have you tried taking the disk out of the CD drive and rebooting?
Kumba

Postby williamconley » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:27 pm

ApexLiveLeads wrote:But when I reboot
it won't load it on my workstation making me have to restart the process.

If you reboot and you can not get to the workstation, you do not "restart the process". You log in to the console via ssh (if possible). If that fails, you log in to the server directly via keyboard/screen. Your network configuration could be getting lost, there may be a problem with CMOS causing reboot to fail due to time being 1970 again ... all sorts of things could go wrong to cause web service to be down.

Better yet, if the firewall turns back on during reboot ... well, your IP is not in an exception list and you can not get into the server from the outside. This would be fairly obvious from the server's console 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby zenithbsolutions » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:33 am

Hi,

Please post which version of vicibox are you using. I hope you are not using a preload version. If it is not a preloaded one you need to do "os-install" first.
zenithbsolutions

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo