Vicibox server issue with SSH

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Vicibox server issue with SSH

Postby Merchant007 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:09 pm

Initially i had issue when trying to view new recording i get permission error [Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.]

after searching i found the solution in below thread

http://vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/viewt ... =4&t=28273

Code: Select all
chmod 777 /var
chmod 777 /var/spool
chmod 777 /var/spool/asterisk
chmod 777 /var/spool/asterisk/monitorDONE/
chmod 777 /var/spool/asterisk/monitorDONE/MP3/

to automate this for new files i tried running above command in cron

* * * * * /bin/chmod 777 /var and rest of the above commands

suddenly all users reported error in login to Vicibox login , i immediatly remove above command from crontab and restarted server

now everyone is able to login in BUT I LOST SSH access , everything is working fine but i cant SSH to server , i need to connect monitor physically and control

when trying to do ssh with putty i get connection refused error

Can i get help in fixing issue with SSH (connection refused by server)

[System Detail ]
Vicibox server installed on Xeon Dual core server with 8 GB Ram and 1 TB hdd (80% free space)
with vicidial updated to VERSION: 2.12 using svc
Installation was express single server install
VERSION: 2.12-548a
BUILD: 160331-2204
asterisk 11.21.0-vici
Revision:2504
Merchant007

Re: Vicibox server issue with SSH

Postby williamconley » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:33 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Is the ssh service running? You did not disclose the error ... no response on port 22? Bad password? Have you considered firewall issues if there is no response?

4) After running those commands one time, there should not have been a need to run them again. Certainly not every minute forever. If new files were being generated in the MP3 folder with the wrong permissions, setting those new files to proper permissions is not related to setting the folders above them. Nothing should be changing those folders permissions.

5) Consider activating audio FTP scripts. This would push your audio files to an FTP server, which should be a whole new server. Properly configured that other server should also have HTTP available so the new locations of the files can be used to serve them instead of the Vicidial server. Then you have accomplished several things: If the Vicidial HD dies, you do not lose client audio. If the Vicidial system ever needs restoration, you do not need to "put those back" (which can grow to multiple terabytes, and take a freakin' long time and delay your restoration). When anyone plays an audio file, they do not add load to the Vicidial server. And for security purposes, you can allow access to recordings without allowing access to Vicidial.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Merchant007 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:19 pm

2) Pls i did post installation method in first post last line i will quote again

Vicibox server installed on Xeon Dual core server with 8 GB Ram and 1 TB hdd (80% free space)
with vicidial updated to VERSION: 2.12 using svc with sip
Installation was express single server install

Merchant007

2) You did not disclose the error

same i did in first post
Network Error: Connection refused
i will take pic and post when i reach office

and there is no firewall , its LAN connection , i will check if ssh service is running
5) we are not using FTP archeve server for backup , using single server , yes i do know if HDD dies i loose recordings

i will confirm if new recording permission issue is fixed or not today

thank you for trying to help
asterisk 11.21.0-vici
Merchant007

Postby williamconley » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:30 pm

Vicidial Version With Build includes more information than you provided. Like asking for a part for a chevy "c" instead of the full model name. :wink:

Plus you did not list your installation method with version at all ... :)

LAN does not mean "no firewall". The Vicidial server may have a built-in firewall. "yast firewall" will let you manage it if you installed via Vicibox (2.0 or above).

Did you edit any ssh configuration files? Is SSH service running?
ps aux | grep ssh
williamconley

Postby Merchant007 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:17 am

here is the output sir ,

http://postimg.org/image/d1o41k4fj/full/

issue fixed , By checking at logs i found issue with permission for /var

chmod 711 /var/lib/empty
asterisk 11.21.0-vici
Merchant007

Postby williamconley » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:27 am

Merchant007 wrote:here is the output sir ,

Output from vicidial is text. Include relevant portions here. I don't go to random image drop locations. More likely to "catch something". I don't like it when my computer sneezes.
williamconley

Postby Merchant007 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:06 pm

williamconley wrote:
Merchant007 wrote:here is the output sir ,

Output from vicidial is text. Include relevant portions here. I don't go to random image drop locations. More likely to "catch something". I don't like it when my computer sneezes.

issue is alrdy fixed as said in my previous post , thank u
asterisk 11.21.0-vici
Merchant007

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo