Install Vicibox in Servers HPGen9

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Install Vicibox in Servers HPGen9

Postby aleyva » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi,
I have problems installing Vicibox 5.0.3 in a new server HP DL 360 Gen9.

My current configuratión is:

Vicibox 5.0.3
VERSION: 2.8-409a
1 DB Server HP DL360G8 (Web, DB)
3 Asterisk Server - 2 DL360 Gen8, 1 DL380p Gen8.

I need add a new asterisk server, it's a HP DL360Gen9, when I'm installing its load normarlly but ifter 1 minute I get this error:

"No device(s) for installation found ... abort"
"rebootException: reboot in 120 sec ..."

I tried with Vicibox 5.0.3, 6.0.3, 6.0.4 and have the same results.

Any advice?
Thanks for yours Answers.

AL
aleyva

Re: Install Vicibox in Servers HPGen9

Postby covarrubiasgg » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Try to disable the raid controller on the server, i have had a lot of headaches with HP, IBM, Dell Controllers (raid, video, network)
covarrubiasgg

Postby williamconley » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:06 pm

covarrubiasgg wrote:Try to disable the raid controller on the server, i have had a lot of headaches with HP, IBM, Dell Controllers (raid, video, network)

I agree.

Essentially it is saying that it can not find a HD upon which to install (if I read his post correctly).

It would be better if he clarified the moment he sees this error, to be sure, but often removing all previous partitions on the RAID drive with another iso will help.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby aleyva » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:57 pm

I tried to disable array controller, but don't work.
I get the same results,

"No device(s) for installation found ... abort"
"rebootException: reboot in 120 sec ..."

My server has SAS disk, but in this new model (G9) the raid controller need new drivers.
I tried with OpenSuse 13.2 and with this version I don't have problems with the installation, maybe it has updated drivers. Vicibox is using older versions of Opensuse.
How could I install Vicibox 5.03 (Agent/Dialer Server) from Opensuse 13.2 ???? Where I can find manuals like scratch Install but for OpenSUSE ????????

Thans for your answers.

AL
aleyva

Postby williamconley » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:55 pm

WHY are you trying to install an old version of Vicibox? Note that the Vicibox installation method is in NO way related to the version of Vicidial in use. You can install with the latest version of Vicibox and tell it to install an older version of Vicidial if that's your goal.

Vicibox's only job is to provide a suitable environment for Vicidial to run. The version of Vicidial you run in that environment is then up to you and easily managed via SVN with a quick reinstall of Vicidial (NOT Vicibox! Vicidial! LOL) and a database restore. then *poof* you're up and running. Although you may need to alter the admin->server settings for the asterisk version (which is merely a "setting" to notify Vicidial which version of asterisk happens to be on the dialer).

We've had to install older Vicidial scripts for many clients over the years who have customized scripts and are "married" to those customizations but whose hardware has died. Usually it's a bit of an emergency. Not a bad idea to have a mirror or drive image for your Vicidial server(s) if you're a Linux person but not a Vicidial person. :)
williamconley

Postby aleyva » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:47 am

Because, I'm using Vicibox 5.03 in producction with a few own changes (1 Database/Web Server and 3 Agent Servers).
I could not install the latest version from Vicibox (6.04), en new Server HP DL360 G9 (Agent Server).

What you say "You can install with the latest version of Vicibox and tell it to install an older version of Vicidial if that's your goal."
How can I do that? There are some perl script?

Finally I could install Vicidial 5.03 in Centos 6.7 (Scratch Install - Agent Server), this Distro has no problem with HP servers Gen9.

AL
aleyva

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:08 pm

Vicibox = Installer (NOT Dialer software, it merely provides the environment in which Vicidial runs)

ViciDIAL = Dialer software.

They are independent. You can install any version of Vicidial by installing with Vicibox 6.X.X (or later) and then modifying the SVN revision level in /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk and reinstalling Vicidial. It used to be that you could specify the Vicidial version during the Vicibox install, not sure if that's true any more (and my installers are at lunch, LOL).

1) Install Latest Greatest Vicibox/Vicidial

2) Copy the /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk folder from another machine to this one OR use SVN commands to match the SVN revision level to another machine.

3) perl install.pl --copy_sample_conf_files

4) Copy the DB from the other server into the new server

*poof* you are using the latest installer with old code. And no issues about drivers for new hardware while trying to use an old install .iso. 8-)
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo