Archive Server Concept !

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Archive Server Concept !

Postby boiken » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:16 am

Hello everybody!

I have not a clear idea about the Archive Server.
Im planning that to add one to my new cluster.
I will install ViciBox v6,0 with the manual install not the express.
I will record all the calls.

My questions are :
1)Does Vicibox install a Archive ''OS'' to the server that i will select or any preinstalled NAS with FTP and Apache can do the work ?
I think this answers my first question.Taken from Vicibox Manual
Any NAS or server that can provide FTP for ViciDial to
upload recordings and then HTTP service to access those recordings via a web browser can be used as
an archive server.

2)After adding the Archive server all the call record goes automatically to the Archive with one of the FTP crons???
3)And what link does appear on the User Stats call redord file??? the NAS ip/RECORGINGS/audofile-mp3 ????

Thanks
CONTACT US
Vicidial Support
https://www.fiverr.com/share/rxDY0x
boiken

Re: Archive Server Concept !

Postby williamconley » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:14 pm

An archive server is just another vicidial server that happens to have FTP on it in addition to web services. Using Vicibox.com's .iso image and PDF installation instructions, when you select the archive server role during installation, the archives will be created on /home/

If you mount a large HD in /home/ then the files will reside on that large HD. Same if you mount a network drive or whatever. Note that none of this technically needs to even be on a Vicidial based system. Any FTP service will do (with http/web access if you want to retain your web links to recorded client audio). But if you use the Vicibox .iso, then the web links and all will be created for you. Otherwise, your Vicibox installation CD can be any version (ie: latest is best) as long as you match the viciDIAL version during installation. Usually the Vicibox installer will manage this for you fairly well. If it 'misses' and installs the wrong version, you can just use SVN in the /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk folder to get the correct version and then perl install.pl in that folder to populate that version to the rest of the server quickly and *poof* you have matched the Vicidial version. Then the server can also be a dialer or web in addition to the archive server (spare server never hurts!).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Archive Server Concept !

Postby rrb555 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:05 pm

i have done this to one of my server.

At first i have a single server but then I realize to have a backup copy of all the recordings. I tried using Vicibox to setup the Archive server but then I had a problem with SAMBA to mount my network drive. So what I did is installed Opensuse Leap then installed Samba. Now I have no issue with mounting network drive. Next step is to turn on Apache Directory listing. Poof works like a charm. enabled Cron JOB FTP3 and edited astguiclient to my needs. Which the script just transfer a copy of all the recordings to my archive server but still recordings can still be pulled from my main dialer server. So basically copy itself from the archive server. How to know the main server already made a copy of the recordings?,hmm just simple I can see FTP not MP3 directory on the link

Cheers!
One server that I am managing | Single Server | ViciBox Redux 6.0 | VERSION: 2.12-549a | BUILD: 160404-0940 | revision 2508| No other hardware
For help you can send me a direct email info@support.com.ph
rrb555

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo