Large DNC List

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Large DNC List

Postby Nefariousparity » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi, I work for a company that dials the whole of the United states, we have been in operating for quite a while. And I am wondering how do you guys handle your large internal DNC database? Our list is up to 500K records.

I am thinking it is starting to have an affect on the the cluster.

I am thinking of exporting the DNC table to CSV, clearing our current DNC table, and figuring out some sort of scripting to check all matching leads on phone number. Then when DNC table builds up again, append to original DNC.csv and process happens again? I am not a programmer. And some help or collaboration on this would be great!

-Thanks in advance. :D
|| DB Schema Version: 1609 || Asterisk 11.25.1-vici || BUILD: 190902-0839 ||VERSION: 2.14-718a||SVN: 3133||10xTelephony||1x Database||1x Slave||1x Web||1x Archive||ViciBox v.8.0.1
Nefariousparity

Re: Large DNC List

Postby williamconley » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:04 pm

We have a product for washing all leads against the National DNC list nightly. Challenge: If you add leads during the day ... be careful that ANY method to add leads has all of them washed first. We use "NO_DNC" as the "import" lead status instead of "NEW" until after each newly added list is washed.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Nefariousparity » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:17 pm

William, I went to your website and I was reading about it. Something I would be interested in would be a similar practice, but instead of National DNC washing against an internal DNC list.
|| DB Schema Version: 1609 || Asterisk 11.25.1-vici || BUILD: 190902-0839 ||VERSION: 2.14-718a||SVN: 3133||10xTelephony||1x Database||1x Slave||1x Web||1x Archive||ViciBox v.8.0.1
Nefariousparity

Postby williamconley » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Challenge: Our NDNC list scrubber saves by AREA CODE and when it loads new ... it deletes the existing area code and replaces that with new data.

If you have NDNC and CoDNC both mixed together ... it would require some recoding to use.

If you wanted to use it for Company DNC only, all you'd need to do is load your Company DNC lists by Area Code and it would work "as written" otherwise. The only change would be the Loader. I'd probably recommend "load all leads from the LIVE DNC table" and then "Move them to a storage table". Then your freshly loading DNC entries would continue to work (like they do now) but your old DNC entries would only be scrubbed at night.

If you use our "NO_DNC" method during list loading, however, you'd stay safe. If you require the ability to load leads and use them NOW: You push the "Wash these leads NOW" button (preferably when the agents are on a break, as it bogs down the server for a few minutes).
williamconley

Postby Nefariousparity » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Thank you for the response William. This is something I have been kind of thinking of. I'm just a script kiddie for the last twenty years of running Linux. I was interested to see how other people were doing it. As I have read the manual several several times, I seem to keep building these rock solid systems based on great research and recommendations of the community here. In saying so, the company I work for has been around long enough with a stable system long enough to encounter this HUGE DNC list. LOL.
Nefariousparity

Postby williamconley » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:16 pm

That does happen. And we've had a few companies that inherited large DNC lists by accepting contracts from major firms that were "hobbled" with such lists (after being sued for not doing so ...). So far, however, no one has paid us to develop a "large CompanyDNC" addon for our product.

The method we use to make our NDNC work is nightly washing (instead of "every call" or "during hopper load"). This, combined with loading new leads as NO_DNC instead of "NEW" means that all leads are cleaned before being dialed.

So a completely separate step could be added to wash against the Company DNC nightly, draining the built-in DNC but allowing it to collect new entries to protect against "today's" entries.

In our system, if you want to access a list immediately after loading via a lead loader, it must be washed after upload. I could envision a "DNC check during list load" addition that would slow down the lead-loader slightly, but make new leads available immediately. With the addition of the secondary Company DNC list, that would result in a fast-access fully protected system. There may be some challenges with Campaign Specific DNC entries, but we've not yet had any of those get so large as to need this sort of treatment.
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo