Default Codec ViciBox 6.0.3.

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Default Codec ViciBox 6.0.3.

Postby emirjonb » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:34 am

Hello,
I have made a fresh install using last version of Vicibox 6.0.3(all in one express installation on a workstation). With default steps of official manual I get a very poor audio quality even between local sip accounts. The sip client software is Zoiper on Ubuntu. Now I have to ask about the default audio codec that is included in Vicibox and do I need to install a new codec like g729 or other. I want only a fair quality with minimum changes and efforts. I'm new in VoIP and Asterisk systems :|
Thanks
emirjonb

Re: Default Codec ViciBox 6.0.3.

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:43 pm

Call quality is often related to the workstation. Have you tested these workstations audio quality with an independent sip provider? Have you tried skipping the local accounts completely and pass an external call back out to another external extension? From one cell to another cell, but through the Vicidial server ... if that call is good, then it's likely that the quality of the headphones and/or sound cards on your ubuntu workstations is inferior. Get a nice USB headset or a better soundcard.

Good job posting your installer with version!

Remember: Always post your Vicidial Version with Build (available on most admin screens in the bottom left corner). Required for posting on this Free forum to get Free advice on the Free software you intend to make lots of $$ with. LOL 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo