Waiting for Ring... forever¡¡

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Waiting for Ring... forever¡¡

Postby asincom » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi,
I'm using ViciBox Redux v.5.0.2-130807 recently installed by ISO. No Hardware, No Cards, Just VOIP.
I seted up a simple press 1 survey, with good results. All dispositions were wrote in the list I was working as I configured on Campaign details.
But then... I created a new campaign with Manual Dial Method, but in agent display, the call is placed but status is Waiting for Ring... Call is answered, good audio quality, but the status does not change... still in Waiting for ring... forever...¡¡¡ I tried to see Outbound calling report, but is completely in zero. But I see report from survey campaign and all stats are correct, and reports shows call times properly.
This is my dial plan:

exten => _909XXXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _909XXXXXXXX,n,Dial(${TESTSIPTRUNK}/${EXTEN:1},,tTor)
exten => _909XXXXXXXX,n,Hangup

I'm using Xlite for phones agents, and I can dial 9+0912345678 properly. Status of call is ringing, then Call Stablished, Then Hang UP, correctly. But if I make the call as Manual (Dial Lead or Manual Dial) the call remain in Waiting for ring status Never Highlight LIVE CALL sign... Not using the override issue in manual dial.
Please any help would be apreciate...
Regards,
Aldo
asincom

Re: Waiting for Ring... forever¡¡

Postby ricardochenhe » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:45 pm

I got the same problem, did you find out what was it?

Thanks
ricardochenhe

Postby ricardochenhe » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:03 pm

After hours of troubleshooting finally found the problem....
The asterisk version at the server setting was 1.4.x.x instead of 1.8.23.0 that vicibox 5 ships with.
ricardochenhe

Postby williamconley » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:46 pm

And be sure to reboot it after you make the change (even if that is inconvenient!), as the change will not take effect until after the reboot for some scripts.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby williamconley » Sun May 28, 2017 4:00 pm

For those in a panic state from this who can not reboot your server to fix it immediately after the change in admin->servers:

Kill the ASTlisten screen (at about second :57 according to system time) and it will regenerate with the correct value without a reboot at :01.

Having that screen missing for a couple seconds shouldn't have a notable effect at all.

This same problem will also cause:

Leave 3-Way call button failure after making the call (because the agent web does not have the channel of the manually dialed 3-way call ... since it has no idea it was ever answered).

Can also cause: Failure to hang up certain calls until after the customer has hung up.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo