Hardware details required for Vicidial software

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

Hardware details required for Vicidial software

Postby ansmoh » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:55 am

I need to setup my own server for vicidial and I am a newbie for this , so I need the correct investment for the same, Please help me with the lists of hardware required for Vicidial software, and also I wanted to know that will the Landline connection that I have will work with Vicidial, as It is a toll free one for my organisation and it would be a 5 seater. especially inbound one.
ansmoh

Postby williamconley » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:51 pm

wow. you took my advice. that's worth something! LOL

first: number of agents (unless that's what you mean by 5 seats ... but i gotta ask)? number of calls you expect to run daily? or per agent? do you need to record all calls? do you have Good Internet available at your location (for a good price)? T1 service? Faster Broadband (at least 2M UPLOAD speed, download is useless without upload)?

"LandLine" vs "VOIP" or "VoiceT1" service is price based, but do not be fooled into thinking you cannot take the 800# coming into your landline and move it into a VOIP service, we do it all the time. In fact, you can port it to a VOIP service immediately, and then have it "failover" to your exisiting land line right now (thus gaining full control of your 800# so you can move it around in less than 5 min for future testing).

That being said, Grandstream makes a very nice PSTN gateway product that will allow you to hook 4 or 8 "Land Lines" up to your Vicidial Server without putting any hardware IN the vicidial server (it's a standalone box, converts PSTN to SIP).

Hardware? I generally recommend beginners either take the spare P4 they have lying around the office (you know you have one!) or go pick up a nice inexpensive Core2Quad and install Vicibox on it.

Follow the instructions (the manual is on EFLO.net, use the free one, but buy the real one before you try to launch!), get 2 or 3 "Carriers" (VOIP Providers) hooked up to it ... and make some calls before trying to "launch" anything.

To start, just go ao "Vicibox.com" click on "Vicibox Server" click on "Download Vicibox Server" ... make the .iso, install that onto the P4 you have lying around and you will SEE what works and how well.

With a 5 Agent Office, that will probably save you ALL your money. No kidding. No $ up front, it will be working before you even purchase the Manual. (OK, most of the providers will want $10 if you're going to make any calls, some even $35 ... but come on, how expensive is that?)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Need you advice

Postby ansmoh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi William,

Number of calls expected per day as inbound would be 200.I need to record all calls.
I have a Good Internet connection of 3MBPS connection, and it is a broadband.
I have a toll free contact landline contact number, and I wish to use ACD through
Vicidial .And I stay in India so please mention me the exact suitable stuff to purchase,
So that I can ask my local vendor for the same.
Kindly mention whether the below configuration is ok or not::
Chip Type: Core2Quad
Memory: 3 GB
Processor Speed: 2,300 MHz
Hard Drive Capacity: 320 GB
Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW

Kindly let me know if I am missing anything here.
ansmoh

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo