ViciBox Server and installation script

Support forum for the ViciBox ISO Server Install and ISO LiveCD Demo

Moderators: enjay, williamconley, Staydog, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba

ViciBox Server and installation script

Postby lat3450 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:33 am

Hello everyone.

I’m new to ViciDial and to the forum, so pardon me if this is a dumb question that was asked before.

I have a remote server that I want to use to install Vicidial on; do not have physical access to it.

Is there a way to copy the contents of the CD into the server an run the scripts locally with ease?

Thanks people, I hope to get this thing up and running and I’m looking forward to pour back my new knowledge into the forum.
lat3450

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:58 pm

either have the colo install vicibox from the .iso available on vicibox.com or have them install standard ubuntu and then you can follow the "scratch install" instructions available on eflo.net.

if they have a GOOD, reliable kvm setup you may be able to have them insert the .iso and do the vicibox installation yourself.

make sure you verify CLEAN installation before spending any time trying to use/configure the system. simplest method is to run screen -list and make sure all the screens are running,

if you aren't sure ... boot from a vicibox demo cd and run the command there, the demo is great for comparing "normal"
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby lat3450 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Thanks William.
lat3450

Return to ViciBox Server Install and Demo