Click2Dial in INBOUND_MAN Campaign

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Click2Dial in INBOUND_MAN Campaign

Postby aouyar » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:57 pm

I am testing Click2Dial integration with external web application trough external_dial method of AGENT_API.

The users can initiate calls from external CRM application, but they cannot receive occasional inbound calls in-between manual outbound calls, because the external_dial function is based on manual dialing function which requires that the agent be paused to function.

I am using astguiclient version 2.0.5rc1 at the moment. Is it possible to implement campaigns with mixed manual (not from list) dialing and inbound calls? This seems like a quite common use case and without it, the dialing from CRM function does not permit the same group of agents receive inbound calls.
aouyar

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:36 am

You could always use the external_pause function to PAUSE or RESUME the agent. You can have your click-to-dial function send a PAUSE (then wait one second) right before sending the dial through. That way you can keep your agents ready to take inbound calls.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby aouyar » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:16 pm

I tested using add_lead, followed by external_pause and external_dial. Works really great.

Thank you
aouyar

Return to Features