Templates for vicidial agent screen

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Templates for vicidial agent screen

Postby gschaller » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:28 am

There are some threads about separating programming code and layout for agent screen. I start a new one here because I want to discuss only this topic and not a specific new layout. I do not have a new layout, but I want to make that possible (much more simple as in current vicidial).
So first we need a PHP based template system. My vote for smarty. Other suggestions? Or should we create an own template system for the specific needs in vicidial?
Who is willing to pay for this work?
gschaller

Postby Op3r » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:29 am

this has been discussed before.

I was actually proposing to use the smarty templating system.

But i guess no one wants to foot the bill though :(
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby gschaller » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:59 am

I have a customer which pays a part of the development. But it is only a part so I need some more sponsors.
Ok now we have two votes for smarty.
gschaller

Postby Trying » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:31 am

I think there should be a "projects" forum, or whatever you want to call it. The forum should be there to list prices for specific development projects and should invite sponsors to contribute. The customizable agent screen and incomplete QC features immediately come to mind.

If there is a structured forum to cost and invite sponsors for certain projects then I am convinced many more people will be willing to contribute funds. Everyone may then decide which specific project they are interested in and donate accordingly. Having a feature like you propose will certainly attract attention if 100 users contribute $100 instead of us waiting for a sponsor to pay $10 000.

All I am saying is that it will be easier if the costing for projects are made public, sponsors are invited and then feedback given as the project progresses.
Trying

Postby mflorell » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:37 pm

I have created a new forum for Projects:
http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/viewforum.php?f=9

But before this specific project is posted there we need to finalize some points on this topic.

Templating of the ViciDial agent screen.

Due to the complexity of the agent screen and the use of many hard-coded coordinates(X,Y) for absolute positions of elements on the page, there is some limit to the flexibility of any templating system that may be used.

I would not suggest using a generic templating system like SMARTY due to the overhead and limitations that it will impose on the templating process. I think it might be better to go with some kind of custom template method to streamline the templating options and make page rendering more efficient.

With that in mind, what are the absolute requirements that all of you have for a templating of the vicidial.php agent interface?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gschaller » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:04 am

mflorell wrote:I have created a new forum for Projects:
http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/viewforum.php?f=9

Great!

mflorell wrote:
Due to the complexity of the agent screen and the use of many hard-coded coordinates(X,Y) for absolute positions of elements on the page, there is some limit to the flexibility of any templating system that may be used.

I don't think so. Template System means all HTML Code like positions are in the HTML template.

mflorell wrote:I would not suggest using a generic templating system like SMARTY due to the overhead and limitations that it will impose on the templating process. I think it might be better to go with some kind of custom template method to streamline the templating options and make page rendering more efficient.

Can you please explain in more detail? We do not need to discuss about performance. A templating system will eat up some ressources. But how often is vicidial.php loaded for one agent on one day? Is it possible to limit that with some changes? For example can we swap out the Javascript in a separate php file to lower the load?
The advantages of smarty are the (limited) functions in the templates (the comment field for example - one line or multi-line - if-else construct) and the caching. That would make it much more easier.
The simplest way of a custom template method will be a template with placeholders and simple replace-functions in the php code. With this method the first problem will be a iteration cause some echo's in the current vicidial.php are in a while-loop and there will be other issues to solve. What I want to say: That is additional work and maybe we reinvite the weel. Does somebody know a simple, small and fast template system?
Maybe there is another way. What about some pre-compiling? HTML Template and PHP code are mixed together so a vicidial.php like the current one will be created. But I think that won't be possible...

mflorell wrote:With that in mind, what are the absolute requirements that all of you have for a templating of the vicidial.php agent interface?

Breakup of PHP and HTML code. Means no HTML code in the vicidial.php script. So no HTML positions in vicidial.php cause that needs to be in the template.
gschaller

Postby mflorell » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:58 pm

There will be many issues involved in completely removing all HTML from the PHP scripts, especially since some of the AJAX scripts output HTML.

If all HTML needs to be removed from the vicidial.php and other php scripts in the agent screen scripts then we are looking at 100+ hours to do templating that way.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gschaller » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:42 pm

Ok I will have a look and try to separate PHP and HTML code the next two weeks. First I will try with Smarty.
gschaller

Postby gschaller » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:37 am

Status report. I finished around 50% I think of the agent screen. The template has around 5000 lines (html output of original has near 6500 lines - version 2.0.5). Some variables in the template are not assigned yet. Actually I'm in the Javascript section "function LogouT".
vicidial.php is now around 4600 lines (original 9300 lines). But there is much HTML code left.
Separation of php and html code was simple until now.
Anyone willing to sponsor some work?

BTW: I work on a copy of trunk.
gschaller

Postby Trying » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:51 am

Have you taken a look at this thread? http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... php?t=8722
Trying

Postby gschaller » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:09 am

Yes, but what do you want to tell me? That thread is about a new feature. My thread is about introducing the separation of html and php code to vicidial.php. After that it should be possible to have custom layouts easier. Like this http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... php?t=3136
gschaller

Postby joylovebasu » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:18 pm

------------------------------
VERSION: 2.0.5-173
BUILD: 90320-0424
joylovebasu

Postby gschaller » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:28 am

Should we start a poll or discuss again? Please tell us what you prefer for PHP and HTML code separation. I started with smarty now ...
gschaller

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:18 am

mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gschaller » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:40 pm

So Matt please tell me: Is there a chance to include a Smarty template for the agents screen in vicidial or not? If you say "no smarty templates won't be included" I will stop my work and take a closer look to another options.
From the performance point there is a better way: have a vicidial.php with an include at the top of a file vicidial_code.php. In vicidial.php have all the HTML and Javascript code. Only output of variables in lines like
<?echo $variable?>
or if/else/foreach loops in vicidial.php, all other PHP code in vicidial_code.php. Not a good/clean way from the templating side, but there won't be any performance drawbacks.
Somebody else here? In the past there was much activity about templates and new designs. Everyone on vacation!?
gschaller

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:36 am

I am quite concerned about performance. There are companies with hundreds of agents running on ViciDial and if we have issues with Smarty scaling(like with Vtiger) there could be some serious issues with trying to have 300 agents use the same web interface at the same time.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Templates for vicidial agent screen

Postby carpenox » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:23 am

Hey there everyone, we are happy to provide our unique white label theme's for your enjoyment:

You can check out our live demo for it at https://demo.dialer.one with the username: 0000 and password: demo which works for agent and admin areas.

If you are interested in our older theme in can be found here: https://dialer.one/product/white-label- ... -vicidial/

Our latest and greatest theme launched for 2024 which is the one on the demo, it can be found here: https://dialer.one/product/white-label- ... heme-2024/

Both of these options are white label and be branded to match your businesses identity as well as custom color schemes used as well.

Reach out to me at sales@dialer.one for more info and discount options for our community or any other methods of contact below in my signature.

-Chris
Alma Linux 9.3 | SVN Version: 3822 | DB Schema Version: 1711 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3 | Discord: https://discord.gg/DVktk6smbh
carpenox

Return to Features