how to have a survey with different audio message per lead

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

how to have a survey with different audio message per lead

Postby roll72 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Hello,

Do you know if it is possible to have a different message for each lead during an outbound survey campaign ?
if yes, how is it working ?

thanks for your answer
roll72

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:13 pm

Now that's a new one.

Currently there is no way to do this, but through custom programming you can do just about anything. Can you explain exactly how you would see this working?
mflorell
Site Admin

how it could work

Postby roll72 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Hi,

The need for this feature is driven by some need I have to send 'reminder' or 'audio support ticket' for one person at a time
here could be a scenario :

a one shot voice message is defined by :
- a recipient number,
- a caller cid
- a audio voice message
- optionnaly an asnwer which could be returned through dtmf key

The application could use an API to trigger the call with inside the name of the audio file, and all the field described below and optionnaly a return url to send the answer of the question.

I would like to take advantage of the core of vicidial which is fantastic for load balancing and other stuff like audio file replication on the differents servers.

One way to do that using existing core could be to set up a campaign+list+remote agent for each sound file to send, but I assumed it could quite consuming ressources for nothing if some audio file are never used. what do think about it ?
roll72

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'm sure it's possible given enough time to work on it.
mflorell
Site Admin

does setup many empty active campaign is an issue

Postby roll72 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi,

regarding my previous email, does setup many empty active campaign is an issue for the load ? does there is a way to improve it ?

I took a look on the non agent API, it could be a easy way if I previously setup an active campaign for each sound file and so I could add new lead on the fly with the non agent API.

Does it make cense ?

thanks for your answer
roll72

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:53 pm

Yes that could probably work, setting up a separate campaign for each audio file you want to play. I thought you woul be playing many different audio files so I didn't really see that as an option, but if you have only a few then that would be a good solution.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features