Audio notification of inbound email

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Audio notification of inbound email

Postby ClearCall » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:26 am

Good morning all,
Since the api.php script has an audio_playback function, where would I need to insert code to call this function to play a sound into the agent session when an email is sent to the agent? Would it be a write to the vicidial_manager table or a call from within a php script?
I'm thinking something like $URLplay = "../agc/api.php?source=test&user=$user&pass=$pass&agent_user=$user&function=audio_playback&value=$soundid&stage=PLAY";
VERSION: 2.14-620a BUILD: 170623-2142
Asterisk: 1.8.32.0-vici
Installed from Vicibox iso.
Vicibox Redux Ver 6.0.2-140825
Open Suse Leap 42.3
ClearCall

Re: Audio notification of inbound email

Postby mflorell » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:01 am

What kind of inbound email exactly?

You can use the API through any script that you want to, any script that can send a simple web request.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ClearCall » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:39 am

I have 2 email in_groups set up but when agents receive an email "call" for lack of a better term there is no audio alert, so if they are on another screen they don't notice. This creates a delay in responding to the email and also makes the agent unavailable to receive any other calls or emails until someone notices and the agent can "hang up" the email.
ClearCall

Postby mflorell » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:43 pm

Interesting problem, we should probably offer that as a feature within email-groups. Please open a new ticket for that in the Issue Tracker and link it back to this topic.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:02 pm

ClearCall wrote:Good morning all,
Since the api.php script has an audio_playback function, where would I need to insert code to call this function to play a sound into the agent session when an email is sent to the agent? Would it be a write to the vicidial_manager table or a call from within a php script?
I'm thinking something like $URLplay = "../agc/api.php?source=test&user=$user&pass=$pass&agent_user=$user&function=audio_playback&value=$soundid&stage=PLAY";

You seem to be heading in two different directions at once. You put the code in wherever your trigger event causing the need for the audio file. The URL to call is defined in the API documentation. But you shouldn't be hitting any table directly as part of this process, that's not what's called for in the API doc.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Features