Plugins for Vicial

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Plugins for Vicial

Postby pvazzana » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:40 am

before of all, i have to apologize for my bad english, i'm hoping that you will understand it.

It would be wonderful if Vicidial could adds plugins like new tabs (like Vicidial and Scripts). For example, you could add from Vicidial Admin section, new tabs like modules, each tab (plugin) should be works like the Script tab, it could be include an 'iframe', esactly like Script tab.

Every developer could develop modular iframes and adds it like plugins, for example i've developed a 'tab' that works like an e-commerce cart, where operator can sells products to customer. Another example could be another little php-script that we are using to automate an external recording application (it calls an external number and plays some dtmf tones), right now we are loading it by webform button, but we lost the Script, because the script tab contain the ecommerce cart. We would like to load it like a plugin, in another 'tab', close to Vicidial | Script | Cart | ....

I think that it will be easy to implement inside Vicidial and it would let other developers to contribute with their work without to modify the original source code. Every developer could build plugins and share them.

Thank you for attention.
pvazzana

Postby mflorell » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:39 pm

Great idea, I have thought of adding a tab for a softphone to VICIDIAL, but having a more generic tab adder is probably a better way to go and will allow a lot more flexibility.

One issue is that with the current design there is probably only enough room for 2 or 3 additional tabs, although I think more than that might get comfusing for users.

I wil add your suggestion to the TODO.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby edzofcit » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:01 pm

That would be a killer feature. :lol: What version can we expect that to come up?
edzofcit

Postby mflorell » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:53 pm

Good question, several things on the slate for 2.0.4 have been pushed back while paid-for work is done for clients. I still hope to release 2.0.4 within 4 or 5 weeks.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Acidshock » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:29 pm

This has my vote!
Acidshock

Postby Trying » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:58 am

Mine too :D
Trying

Return to Features