Feature request

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Can you see where this would be beneficial and or applicable to your current dialer/system needs

Yes
75%
No
No votes
Maybe a future need
25%

Total votes : 4

Feature request

Postby inthegenes » Thu May 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi,

I have run into an issue where I am being flooded with incoming calls from specific numbers. As if a program or a dialer is routing numbers to my DID/TFNs. Instead of having to change my DID or TFN which is currenty being used by clients and customers it would be more suited to block the number that is routing numbers to me via a DNR (Do not receive :) or call blocker filtering against the CID. This would be a great feature it would not only resolve my current issue. It would also resolve cases where persons are calling into your organisation or call centre harrassing agents and or personnel.
inthegenes

Postby mflorell » Thu May 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Have you added a detailed description of how you would like this to work as a feature request in the issue tracker?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby inthegenes » Thu May 06, 2010 7:18 pm

No I have not entered it into the issue tracker. I will make sure to do so at a later date.

Thanks
inthegenes

Postby williamconley » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:03 pm

We actually have a portion of this (that would probably work for your purposes) created for another client. It catches calls based on callerid and routes them based on the campaign settings for which they are assigned. If a callerid is not in the list for those special campaigns, it ignores the call and everything goes as planned.

this was done for "special" clients to ALWAYS get through to their agent. But would be fairly easy to modify to immediately terminate the call (or forward it to the home office of the FCC with the original CID, which may reduce the number of calls).

we piggybacked a little-used function in Vicidial, but would probably create a parallel function (and associated field for yes/no switch for using the function) for future expanded use.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Trying » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Nice one. I will certainly help sponsoring this feature.
Trying

Return to Features