SugarCRM

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

SugarCRM

Postby Trying » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:46 am

Hi

Any chance of doing a proper integration of SugarCRM? Maybe as a bounty?
Trying

Postby williamconley » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:10 pm

of course. if you are offering one.

place it in Projects along with the amount YOU are willing to contribute

or place it in Requests for Consultation if you want a single entity to "handle it" for you (at least to begin)

but you WILL have to say a wee bit more than "proper integration"

that's akin to "the most beautiful woman". she looks differently in my imagination than she does in yours.

be specific

we already have a dozen integrations with SugarCRM. NONE of them even resemble each other.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Trying » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:15 pm

I should have said "Hi Matt". It is really up to him whether he will be willing to add it to the Bounties. The idea is then for HIM to give an estimate, more or less, of what a project like this will cost. Thank you anyway for your response William.
Trying

Postby Trying » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:19 pm

I also did not put it in "requests for consultation" for the simple reason that if I put money into the project I want it to be for the benefit of all users. Matt, please let me know what you think?
Trying

Postby Trying » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:54 pm

http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... php?t=8680

Here is the link if anyone does not understand how the "road" to the Bounty forum works. It must first be posted and then fully discussed in the Features forum. So I suppose if you have an idea for a feature and are willing to put money into the project then this is the place to start. That is of course if you want all to enjoy the feature.
Trying

Postby mflorell » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:26 pm

The devil is in the details, what exact features would you want to be integrated?

The Vtiger integration has been a evolution over the years to get more and more integrated, and to get Sugar to the same point would take quite a long time, especially given Sugar's extra degree of obfuscation it it's code as compared to Vtiger.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Features