setting vicidial to an asterisk installed on a other machine

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

setting vicidial to an asterisk installed on a other machine

Postby georgiana_sirghie » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:57 am

I am new in this but,
I was able to install vicidial (from scratch install), but on a computer on the network.Asterisk is allready installed on the server and the phones are allready setted,and i wanted to know if it is possible that the vicidial installed on the computer from the network to use the asterisk that is installed on the server.And if it ispossible how do i do that?
Can somebody give me some information.?

Georgiana
georgiana_sirghie

Postby mflorell » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:09 pm

Moved to support.

You will need to follow the SCRATCH_INSTALL as if you were doing a new installation, except that you can skip the Asterisk installation.

You will need to have the AGI scripts on the Asterisk server, but the rest of it can reside on another server. You will also need to make many alterations to several of the /etc/asterisk conf files.(detailed in the SCRATCH_INSTALL)
mflorell
Site Admin

asterisk

Postby georgiana_sirghie » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:30 am

I' ve allready installed everything on the other cpmputer from scratch_install.My mysql database is on this computer allsow.
I have installed a softphone on a computer (windows) on the network and it 's linked to the asterisk server.I can make calls and everything,but when I login into "/agc/vicidial.php " vicidial for agents the softphone dosen't ring (i readed on the forum).
i have inserted in the table servers the ip of the asterisk server.
and some conferences values allsow with de ip of the asterisk server.
some ideas.....
georgiana
georgiana_sirghie

Postby gerski » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:19 pm

make sure you put your new asterisk server on SUBPHASE 6.1: creating the MySQL "asterisk" database;
gerski

Return to Support