Asterisk@Home + Vicidial

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Asterisk@Home + Vicidial

Postby greggster » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:41 pm

I installed asterisk@home, that works fine - and with Vicidial I started at phase 6 and all went well - no errors, but vicidial cannot make or receiver phone calls, and I get an error with vicidial.php "Noone is in your session" Also the show conference call info link displays nothing, no calls can be made - Has anyone successfully put vicidial on top of A@H or shall headaches be saved by starting from scratch?

Thanks!!
Gregg
greggster

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:55 pm

This has been a common thread recently. We've been working on the best way to support the wacky trixbox(formerly Asterisk@Home) package with a simple set of installation instructions.

We hope to have some instructions up in the next couple weeks. It is not very easy since so many of the things that make trixbox so quick and easy to install also make it very difficult to get VICIDIAL(or rather it's required components) loaded.

You can start by looking at the Asterisk CLI output for info on your bugs, and you should also check the output of "screen -r" to make sure the VICIDIAL process are running as they should be.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby marvin » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:40 am

if you are using vicidial 1.8 or lesser and aah 2.2 or lesser for sure you will be having problems :D

i have a working aah 2.2+astguiclient 1.11/12 aah 2.7+astguiclient 1.11/12 here.

here are some basic tips in working with aah+vicidial
1. in astguiclient/admin.php change the context to from-internal
2. add Phase 6.2 in extensions_custom.conf
3. in macro-dialout-trunk of extensions.conf change line 15 to "exten => s,15,Dial(${OUT_${ARG1}}/${OUTNUM},55,to) ; Regular Trunk Dial"
4. add the meetme's of the scratch install in meetme_additional.conf

sorry am not that gud in documentation :D
marvin

Postby greggster » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:42 pm

Appreciate the help - I'll be looking into it - Thanks!! I'll post my results in a week or so.

Gregg
Gregg Lain
Direct Finance Corp
greggster

Postby enjay » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:33 pm

Matt,

You have anyone taking on this beast? (taking trixbox from scratch and making a writeup for installing VICIDial with it).

-enjay
enjay

Postby mflorell » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Yep, We've been working on it for the last 3 weeks part time actually.

Beast is right, trixbox is a mess. We're on method number 3 now since the first two paths we went down were way too overly complicated and didn't work with rpm or yum.

We are now attempting to use a more yum and rpm friendly method and create some more simplistic instructions.

Hope to have them finished in the next couple week, but we have some rather large projects on the slate right now and this is not a top priority so it could get puched back a week or two.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby vctor » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:56 am

Matt,

Any news on the instructions for trixbox?
vctor

Postby mflorell » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:10 am

We keep running into small issues with reproducing an install a second time once we get it running once. We are working on it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby enjay » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:23 am

If you need any help let me know!

-enjay
enjay

Postby marvin » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:30 pm

wanted to help on this one too :wink:
marvin

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:42 pm

The more we get into the guts of Trixbox the more apparent that it is extremely inefficient in very many ways. There are also code and libraries and different scripts all over the place. It needs to be upgraded before you use it, requiring a kernel rebuild through yum and many other package upgrades, even before you get to the VICIDIAL portion.

It will be a good way for people to test VICIDIAL that would otherwise not have the skills or resources to do, but it is much harder to debug problems on Trixbox, so be prepared for a flood of newbie Trixbox users on the VICIDIAL forums when we release the instructions.
Last edited by mflorell on Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby enjay » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:09 pm

:(
enjay

Postby xmerlin » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:27 pm

sorry to be the first of the flood, but i've been spending a fair bit of time trying to integrate trixbox with vicidial.

I've been using a mix of mflorell's excellent scratch install instructions; the good tutorial at http://iptn.org/vicidial/index.html and other bits n pieces.

im pretty far through the install (how reproduceable it will be is another question) the /vicidial/admin.php seems to be working as does /astguiclient/admin.php. The problem i am having is that when i try to log into /agc/vicidial.php it is not recognising the extension number / password of the sip extension creted in the trixob gui and so i cant log into that to begin my next stage of the install.

if anyone could point me in the right direction i would be most grateful.

-------------------

sorted it, the info needs to be put into the /astguiclient/admin.php phone section. thanks anyway... wow i'v go so much to learn here, very nice application though.
xmerlin

Postby Op3r » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:48 pm

I got vicidial working with asterisk at home 2.8

here's what I did.

I followed the scratch_install document
Skipped about the asterisk install

I put all the asterisk conf's additional to _customs.conf

I made sure that ztdummy is installed ( because we need conferencing)

hope this helps.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Return to Support