Backup-Restore along with audio files

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Backup-Restore along with audio files

Postby dinstar » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:01 am

Hello Everybody,

I had to restore a backup from old server to a new one, but as audio store directory were different in both so I was unable to access audio store in new server. I had to change the name of audio store as per backup database entry in the new server to access that. But the audios from old server were not there. I had to upload audio's to new server audio store.

Is there any way to take the whole audio store and it's name along with recordings from backup and restore the same to the new server??

Thanks
ViciBox v.10.0.0 210901 iso installation
Asterisk 13.38.2-vici
OpenSuse Lead 15.2
Dinstar GSM Gateway 16 Ports
dinstar

Re: Backup-Restore along with audio files

Postby williamconley » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:09 pm

Please remember to post your Vicidial Version with Build. You did include your installer version, but any installer can install any version of Vicidial. The installer merely provides the Environment in which Vicidial runs (OS, packages, etc).

A little confused on the question. It seems like you want to combine two Vicidial installs (one new and one from a backup). Or do you just want to restore from an existing backup and wipe the fresh install?

The audio store is just a folder with an entry in the system settings table so Vicidial knows where the folder is and permissions for apache to write to that folder. So if you have audio store files in a different folder name, they can be copied into the audio store for the server (according to system settings) and then set the permissions.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support