automated reports blank after running password encrypt

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

automated reports blank after running password encrypt

Postby jayboo876 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:01 pm

The morning after running the password encrypt (ENCRYPTED_PASSWORDS.pdf) tool the previous day, I noticed all automated reports are with no data. If the url from the report is paste into the address bar I can download the report and data is present. However when ran from the automated reports page, csv email is received with no data in it. Any idea what could be causing this or which logs I might need to check? Thanks

eg of report url;
https://x.x.x.net/vicidial/AST_agent_ti ... download=1

installation
generic vicibox10 iso, ast16 update, cluster mode, dedicated virtual servers
jayboo876

Re: automated reports blank after running password encrypt

Postby mflorell » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:58 pm

Since Automated Reports currently uses the actual web pages to generate the reports, it needs access to a plaintext password for the last user that modified the Automated Report entry for it to run. You can put the password in the "Custom 5" user field for the last Admin user that modified the Automated Report and it should work.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jayboo876 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:15 pm

Thank you. Adding my admin user's password to the custom 5 setting resolved the issue. Has a follow up, I've created a separate level 8 user (autoreport), assigned privileges (view report;export report ;modify automate report) and was able to login and run automated report as well. Would it be possible to add this userid in the report url, so regardless of which user last edited the report, it will always use the same userid to run? I tried the below but report failed. Thanks.

https://x.x.x.net/vicidial/AST_agent_ti ... 022-09-19&user=--A--autoreport--B--&group%5B%5D=demo&user_group%5B%5D=AGENTS&shift=ALL&report_display_type=TEXT&SUBMIT=SUBMIT&file_download=1
jayboo876

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:13 pm

Automated Reports will always use the User that last modified the Automated Report for the permissions to run it. There is currently no option to change that, and since it's HTTP-AUTH you can't just specify the user in a URL.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jayboo876 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:39 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I have disabled auto report from the main admin profile (also remove custom 5 pwd). So now only the 'autoreport' user can create/mod auto reports and no security concerns with the pwd being visible since this user has minimal system access.

Cheers!!
jayboo876

Return to Support