Inbound & Outbound Call Same Time

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Inbound & Outbound Call Same Time

Postby ryanhs » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:28 am

Hello, I have been experiencing a problem where an inbound call from the queue is routed to an agent at the same approximate time as the agent clicks Dial Next Number. This causes the inbound call and the outbound call to be 3-way with the agent. The agent then asks the inbound caller to call back while the outbound is ringing.

In many cases the agent should have seen the inbound call in the queue and not have made the outbound, but when they are in their rhythm they don't always notice it.

I have checked my firewall rules and nothing is being dropped, my network looks good and the PBX is 1.85 ms ping with 2 hops, I have disabled cache on my squid proxy and today i have disabled the proxy in windows for one team and I have the same problem. My load averages are also low across all servers in the cluster (generally 0.38).

One solution would be to disallow outbound calls when there is a call in queue but but dial method is Inbound Manual so 'Inbound Queue No Dial' isn't applicable.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to diagnose this I would really appreciate it. Thank for any feedback.

----------
VERSION: 2.14-694a
BUILD: 181005-1738

Cluster 1 core + 2 dialers
SuperMicro board and chassis

Core DB+HTTP Server:
openSUSE Leap 42.3
Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz - 8 core 16 thread
16GB RAM
SSD RAID

Dialer1:
openSUSE Leap 42.3
Asterisk 13.21.1-vici
Intel Xeon CPU E3-1220 v3 @ 3.10GHz - 4 core 4 thread
8GB RAM
HDD RAID

Dialer2:
openSUSE Leap 42.3
Asterisk 13.21.1-vici
Intel Xeon CPU E3-1220 v3 @ 3.10GHz - 4 core 4 thread
8GB RAM
HDD RAID
ryanhs

Re: Inbound & Outbound Call Same Time

Postby ryanhs » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:14 pm

Apparently this is one of the downfalls of INBOUND_MAN and cannot completely be avoided. I am going to try to use pause for a few seconds after dispo (which i eliminated previously) to possibly mitigate some of the issues.
ryanhs

Return to Support