Estimated Hold Time

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Estimated Hold Time

Postby nakultyagi » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:01 am

Hello Guys,

I am looking some help from you if possible to help me, first of all sharing information about my setup and challenges which I am facing now related to estimated hold time.

I am using vicidial version2.40/830a built 210920

My issue is like we have enabled the estimated hold time and if my caller listening the estimated hold massage and at the same time agents get free then we want to answer that call by the agent but its finishing the massage and then calls are being landing to the agents but we need if agents are free during the massage then call should land.

we have used mentioned configuration but no changes..

Wait time option press no block=Y
Estimated Hold Time minimum prompt no block=Y

Looking forward your help on this.

Regards
Nakul Tyagi
nakultyagi

Re: Estimated Hold Time

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:03 pm

The estimated hold time message cannot be interrupted, it has to finish completely. If you always want the customer to be sent immediately to an available agent you should not use any of the announcements and instead only put messages to waiting customers within your On-Hold context.

The two "No-Block" options you mention allow other customers to jump in front of the first customer line if the first customer is listening to the a message.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support