CLUSTER SETUP SERVER SPECS

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

CLUSTER SETUP SERVER SPECS

Postby zenithbsolutions » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi,

I would like to setup a cluster server for 30 agents with sound board and call recordings. Can we setup a single server with Database & Web and another single Telephone as cluster or a single Database server and another single Telephone & Web or Do we need to setup individual Database, Web & Telephone servers (3 Different servers).

I'm having the following specs of servers are they sufficient for cluster setup.

Database & WEB
---------------
2x Intel Xeon E5-2695 v2
Cores: 2x 12x 2.40 GHz (Dual 12 Core)
RAM: 128 GB RAM
HDDs: 2x 1TB SATA 7.2k RPM

Telephone
----------------
Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2
Cores: 6 x 2,60 GHz (Single Six Core)
RAM: 32 GB DDR3 ECC
HDDs: 2x 1TB SATA 7.2k RPM

Both has 1 Gbps connection.

Can I setup both Database and Web on same server along with above listed Telephone server as cluster or do I need to make any changes.

Kindly check and guide me.

Thank you.
zenithbsolutions

Re: CLUSTER SETUP SERVER SPECS

Postby williamconley » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:58 pm

My advice:

Database can only exist on one server, although another server can be used for replication (allowing reports to NOT slow the system, handy). All other roles (admin web, agent web, agent phone registration, carrier/dialer ...) can co-exist on all servers including the database. Thus installing all services (except DB) on all servers is your best bet. After installing all services on all servers, you'll likely find that the system works best if you have Agent and Admin Web on the DB server and Phone Registration/Carrier Dialer on the 2nd server. However: Test this theory! Don't take anyone's word for it. Check out what your CPU loads and reliability are for various combinations.

Also note that these servers should have two network connections each. The servers should have a local network (private, such as 192.168.5.X or 10.3.5.X) that has no other traffic on it than these two Vicidial servers (and possibly the agents accessing them). The connection between the servers should be Gigabit. Agents can connect with 10/100. The second connection should be a public IP so the servers can get to the carrier(s) to make calls. Whitelist lockdown the public IP network port for safety, but th local IP doesn't need to even have a firewall on it since there's nothing on that physical network other than your Dialers and Agents (no public internet traffic at all).

Configure the local IP (on the private network) as the IP in use for the servers, not the public one. If you require externl access for things like Recordings: Admin=>Servers has options to configure the public IP links. If you use the audio store, there is an entry in admin=>System Settings to configure the audio store link to public. In case you do set up the audio store on the public IP, that would require putting the public IP of all servers and anyone attempting to upload audio files on the whitelist for that server.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support