Redirecting inbound to correct ingroup

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Redirecting inbound to correct ingroup

Postby vicinew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 am

Hi All,
i'm using VICIDial VERSION: 2.14-580a BUILD: 161205-1650. I need to know if is possibile to automatic transfer an inbound call to a specific ingroup by verifying the number that is calling.
I mean this:
- Incoming call from 3491234XXX
- By a file uploaded in VICIDial with at least 2 columns (Number - Ingroup) the sistem knows that the ingroup is ING123456
- The call is trasfered to ING123456

Thx all
vicinew

Re: Redirecting inbound to correct ingroup

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:51 pm

1) Good job posting your Vicidial Version with Build. 8-)

2) Please also post your Installer With Version. It helps.

3) The Goautodial board (and the Vicibox board, for similar reason) is for items related to the installer and OS. This request is NOT related to the installer, but is a Vicidial support question. I'll move it to the "Support" board.

4) To redirect an inbound call based on ANY criteria, you would use "Filter Action" or "Filter URL DID Redirect".
Filter Action is used for simple "one or the other" (eg: If the result of the "Filter URL" is 1, redirect the call to a specific location, if it's 0, allow the call to continue to the configured Route for the DID).
Filter URL DID Redirect allows redirecting a call to a DID provided by the URL. That DID would then be routed to wherever you want that call to go (eg: ING123456). The DID to which you route these calls does not need to be a valid DID you actually own, it's just being used for routing of these calls in your server.

Inbound => Show DIDs => (Choose the actual DID) => Filter URL

Not a simple feature, but very powerful.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Redirecting inbound to correct ingroup

Postby ambiorixg12 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Well as williamconley says Filter URL is the way to go here, I will suggest also use the Filter URL DID Redirect that will return a virtual DID you can point to the desired ingroup based on the caller id. I'm assuming you want to use a different ingroup depending on the caller id number
ambiorixg12

Return to Support