vici dial daily scheduled maintenance

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

vici dial daily scheduled maintenance

Postby nr5605 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:26 am

Hi,
I have a question regarding my IT who has our VICI dial scheduled every day for a built in data base optimization process he says, but it basically shuts down our dialer and no calls are able to be made in or out etc. Because we deal with Australia we need to sometimes go to 3 am est. The last time he said that he tried to reschedule the dialer to basically "not shut down" at 1 am and change it to 3am that it broke the data base and the reindexing didnt run correctly. It then took about 24-48 hours to correct which of course we cant have that type of down time. Does anyone have a simple solution to just change our "system shut down time" from 1 am to 3 pm est?
Please help.
Thanks
nr5605

Re: vici dial daily scheduled maintenance

Postby blackbird2306 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 am

Look into your crontab entries. There are some scripts listed, which start at night. Especially these two entries are interesting for you:

Code: Select all
### optimize the database tables within the asterisk database
3 1 * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_DB_optimize.pl

### reset several temporary-info tables in the database
2 1 * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_reset_mysql_vars.pl

Change them to start at e.g. 4 o'clock in the morning.
Code: Select all
### optimize the database tables within the asterisk database
3 4 * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_DB_optimize.pl

### reset several temporary-info tables in the database
2 4 * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_reset_mysql_vars.pl
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Postby williamconley » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 am

Blackbird's answer is perfect. But he left off ...

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Moving this to "Support" since it was not actually a general question, but a support question.

4) DB Optimization (and all the other overnight processes) are in no way time-dependent. But they need to happen outside work hours and should not overlap each other. You CAN execute each one manually, see how long they take and scheduled them to avoid each other.

5) I'm not sure why, but they are not all in one script that would then execute them all in order so it would no longer be necessary to schedule them at intervals. No rule says you can't. It's merely a requirement that each one fire off at some point overnight for "Best Results". Some may cause issues the next morning, some may be avoided for several days before a problem actually crops up. But it's simplest to run all of them every night so long as you have time (24 hour shops have to pay very close attention to this).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ghernandez » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:03 am

williamconley wrote:Blackbird's answer is perfect. But he left off ...

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Moving this to "Support" since it was not actually a general question, but a support question.

4) DB Optimization (and all the other overnight processes) are in no way time-dependent. But they need to happen outside work hours and should not overlap each other. You CAN execute each one manually, see how long they take and scheduled them to avoid each other.

5) I'm not sure why, but they are not all in one script that would then execute them all in order so it would no longer be necessary to schedule them at intervals. No rule says you can't. It's merely a requirement that each one fire off at some point overnight for "Best Results". Some may cause issues the next morning, some may be avoided for several days before a problem actually crops up. But it's simplest to run all of them every night so long as you have time (24 hour shops have to pay very close attention to this).

williamconley,

Let me see if I understand you correctly on this part. as I need to learn more about maintaining my system. the daily script that already comes set up by default in the system runs by themselves? also what are the steps to follow to have a proper oil machine when becomes for routine maintenance?

thanks.
ghernandez

Postby williamconley » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:41 pm

ghernandez wrote:

williamconley,

Let me see if ...

ghernandex ... you just gonna skip all that stuff about posting your system information?
williamconley

Postby ghernandez » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:47 am

williamconley wrote:
ghernandez wrote:

williamconley,

Let me see if ...

ghernandex ... you just gonna skip all that stuff about posting your system information?

it's a bad habit. :D

Vicibox v8.1.2 from .iso | Vicidial 2.1-714a Build 190628-1511 | Asterisk 13.21.1-Vici | 6 Cluster Servers | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | 2x E5-2660 0 @ 2.20GHz |
ghernandez

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:06 am

ghernandez wrote:Vicidial 2.1-714a Build 190628-1511

Um ... no.
williamconley

Return to Support