Error Installing Asterisk

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Error Installing Asterisk

Postby rizwanaaqil » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:01 pm

I am using Ubuntu 16.04 with Vicidial VERSION: 2.14-679a BUILD: 180618-2300

I went through 'Vicidial for dummies' tutorial to install everything. After installation Vicidial page is working, but sip account not working, so I checked Asterisk status and it showed: Asterisk PBX service not working. So I re-installed Asterisk but now while re-installing it I am getting following error:
Makefile:360: recipe for target 'utils' failed
make: *** [utils] Error 2

Can anyone help me asap?
rizwanaaqil

Re: Error Installing Asterisk

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:26 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) You really need to post a link to your installation instructions when you have an installation failure.

4) WHY are you not using the .iso installer from Vicibox.com? (Note: There are often good reasons, not suggesting you don't have one, but it's often useful to know the reason/situation ... plus, if you don't have one ... you should be using the Vicibox.com .iso installer! lol)

5) If you can't use the Vicibox.com .iso installer (see the previous question) for whatever reason: You should be using the Goautodial installation method which allows stock CentOS and Goautodial's repositories to get Vicidial online pretty easily. Instructions on their wiki. If you want the latest Vicidial instead of the version provided by Goautodial, just upgrade as soon as you're done. That will break all the special goautodial "extras", but provide a fully-functional "latest" Vicidial.

6) Asterisk should not be running as a "service". Vicidial is a service, and the Vicidial service starts asterisk in a "screen". This is absolutely required for proper operation. The entire concept of Vicidial is that it controls the PBX (asterisk). The database, perl scripts, html and php web pages ... all center around controlling the PBX.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby rizwanaaqil » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:43 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)
Thanks

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

VICIDIAL VERSION: 2.14-679a BUILD: 180618-2300 | Asterisk X.X.X | Hosted Server | No Extra Software After Installation | OS Type Linux-Gnu | Host CPU x86_64

3) You really need to post a link to your installation instructions when you have an installation failure.
http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/VIC ... 100331.pdf

4) WHY are you not using the .iso installer from Vicibox.com? (Note: There are often good reasons, not suggesting you don't have one, but it's often useful to know the reason/situation ... plus, if you don't have one ... you should be using the Vicibox.com .iso installer! lol)
.iso will ask for boot from iso, I don't know how to do it on ubuntu, its a remote server

5) If you can't use the Vicibox.com .iso installer (see the previous question) for whatever reason: You should be using the Goautodial installation method which allows stock CentOS and Goautodial's repositories to get Vicidial online pretty easily. Instructions on their wiki. If you want the latest Vicidial instead of the version provided by Goautodial, just upgrade as soon as you're done. That will break all the special goautodial "extras", but provide a fully-functional "latest" Vicidial.
Can u give me some instructions now to delete all previous installation and do Goautodial installation?

Also, can anyone of you give me paid support for this?
rizwanaaqil

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:53 pm

http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/VICIdial_for_Dummies_20100331.pdf ...

These instructions are specific to that version of Ubuntu. If you're not familiar with linux, it may present a challenge to make the necessary changes to install on a later version.

.iso will ask for boot from iso, I don't know how to do it on ubuntu, its a remote server

You would not "do it on Ubuntu", you would have a local set of hands put the CD into the server and boot from it. If you have remote KVM access, you would use "virtual media" in the KVM system to boot the server from your .iso image.

Can u give me some instructions now to delete all previous installation and do Goautodial installation?

I have no idea how Ubuntu got onto the server. Whatever method was used: Use it again to either boot from the CD Image (aka: .iso) and install Vicibox ... or have "whoever" install CentOS instead of Ubuntu. But refer to the goautodial wiki page to get the correct version of CentOS first.

Also, can anyone of you give me paid support for this?

http://catalog.poundteam.com/product_in ... ucts_id=35

We offer installation of Vicidial on our website's online catalog in the "Software Installation" section. Many others do as well. But in all cases: It will be necessary to be able to install an OS either "stock" or from an .iso image to avoid paying for a customized install on "whatever OS is already there".
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support