inbound

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

inbound

Postby mattyou1985 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:51 pm

hello to new Vici Admin's i thort ide do a a quick setup for how to set up an inbound root I.E. (from carrier to vicidial) ime dowing this as ive just spent to long trying to set one up now ive worked it out thanks to sum help from this forum and lots of difrent posts in lots of difrent ways of saying it so hear is the strate forward ancer

carrier must be working on outbound calls << calls connect
carrier must have an outbound number and outbound number must be set in campaign detail or list's Campaign CID Override so you show an CID

Carrier Account Entry: add in context=trunkinbound and context=default < if it dont land on 1 it will on the other

Add A New DID ... DID Extension <<< is your CID (outbound number) ...

DID Description <<< same as Extension (my prefrence)

DID Route: IN_GROUP

User Route Settings In-Group: (your inbound group if you set one up if not use the defalt for now )

then add all agents and campains to ingroup you want and presto you have inbound calls

hope this helps

posting.php?mode=post&f=4#
mattyou1985

Re: inbound

Postby williamconley » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:53 am

1) The proper method to set up an inbound DID is in the Vicidial Manager's Manual (available free to EFLO.net).
2) It is not necessary to get outbound calling working for a carrier to get inbound calls on a DID for that carrier.
3) Never put context=default in a carrier entry. It could lead to an outbound calling path for inbound calls, which is an attack vector which could result in a "bad actor" stealing calls by dialing through your carrier. This is the worst nightmare any call center operator could have aside from just being shut down permanently. It's easy to lose $8k in one evening with such an attack and has happened many times.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: inbound

Postby mattyou1985 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:22 am

williamconley wrote:1) The proper method to set up an inbound DID is in the Vicidial Manager's Manual (available free to EFLO.net).
2) It is not necessary to get outbound calling working for a carrier to get inbound calls on a DID for that carrier.
3) Never put context=default in a carrier entry. It could lead to an outbound calling path for inbound calls, which is an attack vector which could result in a "bad actor" stealing calls by dialing through your carrier. This is the worst nightmare any call center operator could have aside from just being shut down permanently. It's easy to lose $8k in one evening with such an attack and has happened many times.

i did not no wow thank you will @ 3

Vicidial Manager's Manual < ya ive read it but its to confusing hence me dowing this @ 1

ya figerd that as i have 3 carrier's 2 out 1 in and the one for in onley works on inboud @2
mattyou1985

Return to Support