Missing recordings / Inbound calls stay as queued

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Missing recordings / Inbound calls stay as queued

Postby okli » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:38 am

Stock Vicibox 6.03
Cluster 1 DB, 6 diallers, 1 Web, 1 Slave.
Vicidial version: 2.10b0.5
SVN Version: 2173

Recently we've found several missing recordings and upon further digging, it turned out that those inbound calls are set to DROP and vicidial_closer log shows queue time = length_in_sec, that's for calls where user !="VDCL". Happens in any inbound campaign on any server with any agent, including internal transfers. Servers are not overloaded at all. Length_in_sec for those calls in call_log table is 0 or 1.

Each day there are like 3-8 missing recordings, out of like 10000-15000 calls.

Couldn't find anything abnormal in the asterisk logs, calls are received, transferred to an available agent, but call monitoring/recording is never issued.

Seems pretty much like this issue, except that there is no record in recordings_log and in asterisk cli monitor was never issued:
http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... =3&t=26491

Here is another similar one:
viewtopic.php?f=4&p=11872

In the latest AST_manager_send.pl in SVN changelog there is

141113-1356 - Added more logging, check for number of running instances, processing of QUEUE but not SENT commands

Are these changes addressing similar issue? Should I try replacing this file with the new version?
Updating the whole system is not something we could do right now...

I have the log files handy if needed, action_process, agiout etc. etc.
okli

Re: Missing recordings / Inbound calls stay as queued

Postby williamconley » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:58 pm

Don't upgrade ONE file. Upgrade your entire Vicidial server. Safer. Not as likely to end up pulling hair.

Obviously back it up first, LOL.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Missing recordings / Inbound calls stay as queued

Postby okli » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:47 pm

Well, thanks William, but as stated, upgrade is not currently possible for various reasons, plus I don't know yet if that issue, if it's issue in the code at all, has been taken care of. That's why I asked specific question about specific file/change.
Besides, I surely won't blindly dump a new file without checking differences first that it wouldn't expect some other changes, you should have seen me lurking around here long enough to assume that :)

Or the other way, taken many times so far, get the new file, analyse the changes which affect your issue and do only them on the old file, until full upgrade is possible.

Crosslinking this thread to a similar one:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34685
okli

Return to Support