Error when installing Vicidbox (cluster)

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Error when installing Vicidbox (cluster)

Postby mrgunston » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:49 pm

I am setting up a new Vicidial instance and I get an error as soon as I start the install.

Upadting to svn revision 3038...
svn: E155004: Run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)

svn: E155004: Working copy '/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk' locked.
svn: E155004: '/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk' is already locked.
Could not update SVN to 3038! Check your connectivity!

I thought this was a firewall issue, so I disabled all firewalls and also did a telnet to svn.eflo.net 3690 to confirm connectivity. This worked fine.

I ran "svn cleanup" but I got an error '/root' is not a working copy directory.

Not sure what to do now.

This is a brand new Vicibox installation (latest version) also, it is in a VM Ware instance.
mrgunston

Re: Error when installing Vicidbox (cluster)

Postby williamconley » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:14 pm

This looks like you interrupted your installation and then started again. And in doing so you broke the SVN repository. Note that the SVN repository is at /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk (not /root). Executing an SVN command outside the SVN repository folder will of course fail.

Best advice: Start over. Reinstall (including repartitioning, everything from the beginning). Reinstalling several times is a good thing. You get used to how to perform every step of the install process.

And to be clear: SVN is NOT related in any way to firewall.

Vicibox is designed to be used by those with very little knowledge of linux. Basic command line is all that's needed. Be sure to follow the PDF instructions when building the server and then switch to the Vicidial Manager's Manual as soon as installation is completed. Start at page one of the Manager's Manual and do not skip anything. You're working with a quarter million dollars worth of FREE software. It will take some time to get familiar with it in exchange for all that savings. The manual is designed to bring you up to speed and cover all the bases to a functional system. Skipping pages is a bad idea. ;)

Do not build a Cluster (multi-server system) as your first attempt. Build a single standalon server and get that up and running before you attempt to add a 2nd server. Note that NO changes are required to the original server when adding a second server. The new server is merely "additional power" (and will create its own DB entries as needed during install, without any changes directly on the original server ... which can remain Online and In Use during the addition of the new server!).

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support