Survey or Press 1 Campaign & Number Calls/Agent Needed

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Survey or Press 1 Campaign & Number Calls/Agent Needed

Postby thephaseusa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 2872
DB Schema Version: 1527
ViciBox v.7.0.4| Asterisk 11.25.1-vici |
4 Box Cluster of 1 Database, 1 Asterisk, 1 Web, & 1 Archive Server.
Fundraising Call Center

Ever since I started using Vicidial I’ve been intrigued by the survey and broadcast campaign capabilities it has. I’ve seen on the internet there are many companies out there selling “live transfer leads”, so it seems they do work for sales, in addition to their use for appointment reminder and notice or message campaigns. I haven’t yet tried making a huge number of calls; I’ve tested different press 1 and voice broadcast campaigns and have been discouraged by the weak response I’ve gotten. Last night I was researching press 1 campaigns again, and I saw the statistic “1% response rate average”. That sounds about like the average response rate of postal mail solicitations. That is a small percentage but it can be profitable. I read in the Vicidial manual:

NOTE: It is also important to mention that the response rate on these types of campaigns is significantly less than when a human agent answers the phone immediately. Usually you will need to dial at least ten times as many lines to keep agents on the phone when doing a press-1 campaign like this.

So, I usually dial ratio of 2 or 3 to 1 for live agents, and I thought for press 1 multiply by 10 and get 20 or 30 to 1. But after seeing this 1% average response rate to press 1 I’m wondering if that’s true, at what ratio would you dial? 100-1? If the response rate is 1%, that’s just out of those 100 who hear the recording right? So maybe 150-1 or 200-1? And then when you get up to that many concurrent calls you need some serious hardware I would think.

Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated.

Well after spending a couple of weeks testing press-1 campaigns, I will say that once I got recordings that generated responses of 1, the vicidial manual was exactly right. You need about 10 times as many calls going out to keep agents busy.
Right again Matt)))

John M
thephaseusa

Return to General Discussion